WHAT IS A FIRST LOOK AND FIVE REASONS WHY YOU’LL WANT ONE
What is a first look? A first look is a private moment between the couple that is getting married, where they see each other for the first time on their wedding day before the ceremony. It's a special moment where they can take in the emotion and excitement of the day together without any distractions or interruptions.
A first look is typically arranged with your wedding photographer and takes place in a secluded location away from your guests. It's a beautiful moment that provides you with cherished memories for years to come.
Our Top 5 Reasons WHY You Should Do A First Look On Your Wedding Day
1. Intimate moment: The first look is an intimate moment where the bride and groom can share their emotions without any distractions or interruptions. It's a chance for them to take a deep breath and soak in the moment before the whirlwind of the wedding day begins.
2. Just the two of you: A first look allows you to have a private moment together before the ceremony. On your wedding day, you will be surrounded by all your family and besties, which means that on your wedding day, you won’t have a ton of time to be alone with just the two of you. So having a moment to yourselves on your wedding day will be priceless. You get to just to be present to the joy of your day together.
3. Better photos: We can document your authentic love and reaction to seeing each other for the first time. Since you got engaged together, you've been waiting for that special moment where your makeup is perfect, your dress can finally be shown off to your fiancé, and you're in the perfect romantic setting to see each other for the first time on your wedding day. The love, the raw reactions and emotions, and the candid moments without any distractions or posing.
4. Save Time: With a first look, you get to do your couple portraits, wedding party portraits and main family portraits before the ceremony. Freeing up time after the ceremony to join their guests for cocktail hour and the reception. This means less rushing around and more time to enjoy their wedding day.
Because a big portion of the traditional photos are is done before the ceremony, when you incorporate a first look, you won’t need a huge gap between your ceremony and reception! Your cocktail hour can start right away and your family and wedding party – the people most important to you. Don't you want to enjoy all those delicious h'ordeuvres and special cocktails that you planned for your special day?
5. Customization: A first look allows the couple to customize their wedding day timeline to their liking. They can take their portraits before the ceremony and then jump straight into the reception after the ceremony. Or, they can take a moment to themselves after the ceremony before joining their guests for cocktail hour.
While some couples prefer to wait until the ceremony to see each other, having a first look allows for a more intimate and personal moment between the couple, as well as providing more time for photos and a more relaxed wedding day timeline. A first look is a beautiful and romantic moment that adds to the magic of a wedding day. It can also help calm nerves and provide a sense of connection before walking down the aisle.
No matter what you pick – first look or no first look – we love capturing it all! And we’d love to be your photographers and capture all the raw, real moments of your best day ever! Contact us to photograph your wedding day